Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Well, I Thought Of One Thing...

Has anyone else noticed how many films they are making based off old shows are old movies these days? Is this really an indication that the high paid executives in Hollywood can not even think of new movie ides so instead they recreate the Smurfs? Yes, that's right, I said it.

Sure, sure I watched the Smurfs growing up! Who didn't?!? Smurfs, Snorkels, Fraggle Rock, you name it where always on my line up. They were hilarious and very appropriate for there time. Now, I don't care how old I am I can stand hearing about the Smurfs. Have you seem some of these advertisements around town or on the bus stops? I will tell you that I don't think Smurfette looks right and I am not afraid to say it. What makes it even worse is that they slapped on a bunch of ridiculous tag lines that might have been funny in the late 90's, but today just seem sad and misused.

So, I guess I did have something to share during my week of boring. I guess in the silence I was able to look past issues I normally face and get to see these horrible movie ads on a whole new level. Bet Gates would of never let the Smurfs movie go to production. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment