Search This Blog

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Labor or UnLabor?

Well, Happy Labor Day friends, family, and people who have not hired me yet. I would enjoy this long weekend along with everyone else, but my life has turned into a several month vacation. And, I am not sure that I can celebrate laboring when I haven't exactly labored in a while.

This brings me to the simple realization that I don't have to celebrate every holiday. It's not like I didn't know this already, but now I am stating it out loud. I have forgone an Easter or a St. Patricks Day celebration along the way (mainly due to illness) so why can't I not celebrate Labor Day? Bill Gates won't pay me to celebrate, actually no one will pay me to do anything. As I am typing this I can tell I am slowly moving away from my motivated self and getting closer to my bathrobe wearing self. I am changing this weekend to Happy Un-Labor Day. Now, that is a holiday I can currently enjoy. I say celebrate this weekend how ever you want. Lets roast some brats, have way too many beers, and call our ex-girlfriends (Scarlett) and beg them to take us back. Happy Labor/Un-Labor Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment