Search This Blog

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Seriously!!!

Alright, I have come to term with the fact that what ever job I land will be positive. Yet, I am also extremely aware (thank you Bill Gates) that I will not be making hundreds of thousands of dollars. (No huge house on a remote lake for me this month.) This point has lead me to really think about what positions I am qualified for and what positions I would really be willing to take.

Hmmm... the one thing I came up with is I definitely would never want to be the guy responsible for the functionality of a web site. Que the Chase bank issue last week. How would you like to be the guy in a cubicle somewhere sipping on a cup of coffee when a panicked supervisor runs in and starts screaming at 8:30 in the morning. "The site... it's DOWN" screams the enraged supervisor! (At least that is how I imagined it happening.) PASS!!! Really, who in the world would want the kind of responsibility on their shoulders to fix an entire web site and all of its functions before hundreds of thousands people begin to realize they can't review how much money they spent the day before.

I would be glad to take on something a little more "simple".



No comments:

Post a Comment