Search This Blog

Monday, May 30, 2011

Chicken Tonight

So yes, the chicken BBQ was amazing too. I felt the need to get back on the blog and tell you all something I found very interesting. I met some people from Australia at the BBQ tonight and well, they get something a little bit better than the occasional three day weekend. This one woman that I met was in the states visiting her family because she had a 2 month vacation. Yes, I said two month vacation. At which at the end of it she could return to her job like she never left.

Are we living in the wrong country? Here I have been asking Gates (read: the rich) for a handout and other people in different parts of the world are getting months at a time off. I think I may have my priorities out of whack.

For those of you that are wondering the entire platter of potato salad was gone within the first few hours. I am kinda wishing we were able to incorporate it into our wedding day meal somehow. Thinking that the last thing Kate and her Mom will want to do is make batch after batch of potato salad the day before the wedding. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment