Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

A Shocking Burrito

I just grabbed a chicken burrito from my favorite local Mexican diner and ran into one of my buddies I haven't see in a while. The guy was married with a 4 month old daughter! Man, that was a shocker. I mean, this guy did not seem like the marrying type, but there he was ordering a bunch of greasy absolutely delicious food for himself and his family. Oh, I guess maybe just his wife. Four months olds still just do the bottle, right?

Anyways, I was really surprised. It made me feel old and well extremely unproductive. I am thankful I have a job, but I can't stay at this bar forever. I think I need to get things moving and keep searching for something more "office" than "bar." Then again, maybe I am just going to take a non-traditional life path. Is there really even a normal life path anymore? I mean we can't all be multi-billionaires with a beautiful wife and happy kids. Can we? I don't even know what it is I want anymore. I guess it's time to go back to the drawing board and start to really figure this whole thing out. Maybe I don't need to change my job I just need to change my perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment