Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Six Reasons to Smile!

After my post last week things have started to turn around. No, Bill Gates did not show up at my door step, but I finally took off the bathrobe and had a job interview. I didn’t exactly get the job, but at least I am headed in the right direction. During my diligent job search (thank you Craigslist) I have noticed that many companies are hiring “model types” to be servers or bartenders. Hmmm. Well, I am no George Clooney, so I don’t think I would get hire for one of the positions.

Maybe I could bartend at a local dive joint. I know how to make a car bomb and definitely can open a bottle of beer. Ah, beer. I think this eloquently carries into my next realization. The only six-pack I will ever have will be located in my fridge. As I said, I am not the chiseled model type. I am not overweight, but you are certainly not going to find any definition on my stomach except my bellybutton and I am OK with that. So, yes, I can learn not to spend time looking for model type work just as easy as I can tell Scarlett we are over. Finally, I am learning to accept me. Thirty four more to come. Be patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment