Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

BLAH!!!

Alright, I have no revelation to share today. I actually just have one simple question… When did the interview process get so hard? I went for a second interview today at a company, which I will leave anonymous, only to be bombarded by six different interviewers. Yes, I said SIX!!!!!!


I know I have been out of the interview game for awhile, but when did an entire office jump in on the interview process? After starting with the hiring manager, I moved onto the department head, the administrative assistant, and several other people in the immediate area. Honestly, I could feel my face flushing as one introduced the next and left the room. I couldn’t help but wonder what they thought of me. Did they like me? Would I fit in here? It kind of felt like high school all over again.


You know what, I take that back. I do have a revelation for today. I will never be a recruiter. I have no idea how Bill Gates started a company and hired his first team. I just don’t have the heart to drag someone through countless interviews only to tell them sorry. Interviewer # 4 didn’t think you would fit in with the corporate culture. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment