Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Only 35 More To Go

Well, it has been five months and I am still feeling the recession hanging over me like a wet towel. Although this new found freedom (a.k.a. unemployment) started me on a journey to face reality, I did fall into a small slump. Some might even call it a major depression. If you don’t know me and my depression is now making you depressed I have the name of a fabulous doctor I can share. In the meantime, why not listen to me some more?

Back to becoming self aware. Lets recap my first two “ah-ha” moments since it has been some time. One: Bill Gates and I will never meet under the green awning of a gas station and become buds. Two: Scarlett and I will never become buds or even more than buds at any point in my unemployed or even employed life. Now, these prior realizations (as great as they are) are now leading me to my next life changing fact.

Three: I may never be a CEO. Not to say that I am not shooting for the stars here. Basically, I have to start somewhere and believing that I am going the make the salary of a CEO straight from my bathrobe makes no sense. Sorry Fortune 500 companies. You may just have to wait and let me flourish and build my career. Maybe if I started my own company I could be a CEO or even a CFO by tomorrow. Okay, back to reality. You need a plan, an idea, a product. Thank you realization number 3 for bringing me back down. Maybe I should start with a managerial position.

Okay, on my first blog I promised 37 more. 37-2 = 35. Bear with me. This self actualization may take a little longer than I thought. Now to log out, take off the bathrobe, and find that job.

No comments:

Post a Comment