Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Pirate at Starbucks

Man, I will tell ya... Comic Con is really like an endurance test. If you are not in shape, the convention center can easily kick your butt and makes you wish you have started working out in preparation. I would say, without a doubt, that you should never plan on doing anything unless you have time to sit in a line. Lines are the universal "theme" and standard of Comic Con. Oh, you want a shirt... get in line. Oh, you want to see a panel... get in line at least 4 hours in advance. Oh, you need a Starbucks? Plan on being in that line for at least 30 minutes.

Actually, the funniest thing to me was the Starbucks line. And, no not because they were giving out free samples. As we know, I am found of the free handouts. The Starbucks line cracked me up because I walked out of the main hall, turned the corner, and there it was. A line of roughly between 25-40 people just standing there (many of them in costume) just waiting to order their fav drink. Yep, I made my way all the way to Comic Con to tell you about my need for caffeine. Stay tuned. I want to sip on my latte before I give away additional details.




No comments:

Post a Comment